Wednesday 15 March 2017


In September 2015, I decided to go discover the Great Barrier Reef, after reading about its slow death in multiple articles- a reef responsible for the very oxygen we breathe. Starting at Cairns I slowly made my way down to the Whitsunday Islands, discovering significant corners of the World's largest coral reef system. I had several opportunities to document, understand, and in a way, connect with the diverse range of life this vast ecosystem had to offer. Yet even after seeing such divine beauty, through snorkelling, tour guides and even flights directly above the most intricate coral structures... the idea of death and destruction, tainted my understanding of the reef. There were many great documentations of marine life, many awesome shots, yet this one, simple shot appealed to me the most. It reminded me of our intervention and obstruction of marine life, and the impact it has towards the greater 'global ecosystem'.

No comments:

Post a Comment